Monday, April 23, 2012

Epic Fail


I woke up at 7am this morning, Packed lunches, organised school bags, uniforms, school shoes, 
got breakfast sorted and fed into their little bellies.

Stop to boast on facebook how good it is that school is back today.

I sort day care bags, hair combed, teeth brushed, faces washed, and headed out the door.

I dropped Master T at day care, he surprisingly went without a fuss after having just over a week off for holidays. no one said anything as they made comment at how gorgeous and smart Miss Moos looked in her uniform with her hair in the fish tail braids.

I drove to school 8:45 knowing parking being first day back of term and now raining was going to be problematic, pull into car park.............empty!

I think, gate must be locked I'll go around the front, surely school is on. Right?

I see the crossing guard, glimmer of hope, I see teachers cars, I smile,  but the gates are still closed!
I'm so confused.

I think to myself, I'll go home and check the news letter.

I get home, tell kids to remain in the car and race inside to check the newsletter on the fridge.
there it is in black and white.

School returns Tuesday 24th April

I tell the kids to get out of the car (quickly don't want the neighbours to know what a dick I am) head upstairs get changed because I have a few errands to run.

I got up at 7am and out of the house by 8am for nothing!
and to add insult to injury I now have to do it again tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love and kindness is never wasted